An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)* is a detailed electrical inspection service comprising an in-depth examination of a property’s electrical installation.
*This was previously called a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR).
A full electrical inspection will help to ensure that the electrical installation in your property is in safe condition. The five main aims of an electrical installation condition report are:
- Record the results of the inspection and testing to make sure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection (following any work needed to make it safe)
- Find any damage and wear and tear that might affect safety, and report it
- Find any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the IET Wiring Regulations
- Help find anything that may cause electric shocks and high temperatures
- Provide and important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for inspection testing in the future.
The frequency with which these inspections should take place will vary depending on the type of property and use. For a household it is recommended that one should take place every 10 years however for rental properties the maximum duration is 5 years.
Westlec is an Approved NICEIC Electrical Contractor and qualified to carry out inspections and prepare reports.
Call us now on 07917 048608 for more information.